返回列表 发帖

[转贴]小黑真牛!Thinkpad T61 同时运行14个Vista

你的电脑能同时运行几个操作系统?
新的世界记录诞生了:一台笔记本电脑同时运行14个Windows Vista!

今天,我花了整个下午和晚上,用我的联想T61p笔记本做测试。顺便说一句,我的笔记本的内存是8GB。所以,我想看看Windows Server2008和Hyper-V 虚拟技术分对于内存管理如何,能够运行多少个虚拟机?我能够同时运行14个操作系统。主操作系统当然是WindowsServer 2008 Enterprise x64 with Hyper-V RC1。在截图中, 你可以看到我正在运行6个WindowsVista Enterprise SP1 x64 ,以及7个Vista Enterprise SP1x86。页面和磁盘的I/O在我运行了第八个虚拟机之后才比较高。

我在一台笔记本电脑上运行了14个操作系统!太酷了!

我能够增加更多的磁盘旋转来测试I/0瓶颈,但是我决定看看正常的运转情况。因此,同时有3块磁盘在使用中。T61P的两块2.5寸的SATA硬盘,以及一块迈拓的USB外置硬盘。这是一项存储测试,不是一个关于I/O效率的测试。

下面是截图。

另外,我截图的时候,主环境也在运行其他一些服务,Active Directory、DNS也在运行。我注意到在我截图的时候,主环境虚拟机占用了1024MB的内存,而其余的虚拟机是占用
512MB内存。我一直想在一台电脑上运行14个Windows Vista虚拟机,我终于做到了!

很显然的是,这个测试没什么用。但是一件事情被实现是很有趣的。内存分配很精确。当你运行一台8G内存的笔记本时,你面对的是一个新的世界。你可以同时运行7个或者8个虚 拟机,享受科技生活。

原文
Running A Bunch Of Vista SP1 VMs on Hyper-V With A Single Laptop                Inthis case, a picture is worth a thousand words.  I spent some time thisafternoon and evening setting up for a fun little test of the LenovoThinkPad T61p I have.  As you’ll recall from my previous post, mylaptop is loaded up with 8GB of memory.  So I thought it would be coolto fire up a bunch of virtual machines to see how effectively WindowsServer 2008 and Hyper-V allocate and juggle memory.  I was able to getfourteen operating system instances running at the same time.  The hostOS is of course Windows Server 2008 Enterprise x64 with Hyper-V RC1. In the screenshot, you’ll notice I am running six instances of WindowsVista Enterprise SP1 x64 and seven instances of Windows VistaEnterprise SP1 x86.  Paging and disk I/O really went up after I firedup VM number eight.  
That’s a total of 14 operating systems executing on a single laptop folks!!!
I could have added more disk spindles to the test to improve the I/Obottleneck, but I decided to see what this would be like with a normaltravel rig.  Therefore, there are three disks in use.  Two standard2.5” SATA drives in the T61p, and your run of the mill external Maxtordrive attached via USB.  Not exactly exotic, but this is a memory test,not a demo that requires more efficient I/O.
Here’s the screenshot.  You can click the image to get the larger view.

One other thing, the host environment is also runningseveral other services when the screenshot was captured.  ActiveDirectory, DNS, and several other role services are running.  I alsonoticed after I did this screenshot, that the VM highlighted andexecuting has 1024MB of memory allocated instead of 512 like the restof the VMs.  I wanted to get 14 Windows Vista VM’s up and running on asingle machine.  I could have done it.  Drat. Maybe next time.  Prettykewl anyway.

Now obviously this test isn’t very useable, but onething it points out really nicely.  Memory allocations are accurate. And, when you are running a laptop with 8GB of memory, you add a wholenew dimension to the environment.  Now you can realistically run 7-8virtual machines with a wide variety of products and technologies. Enjoy.

[Update for 6/7/2008]I altered the title.  I removed the reference to a world record sinceit really isn’t a certified world record.  Still pretty impressivethough.

[Update number two for 6/7]  Ha!  I knew this would happen.  As soon as I set a bar, someone sets out to beat it.  The folks running the TechNet Polskiblog fired up 32 virtual machines using Virtual PC as thevirtualization tool, and Windows Server 2008 as the guest OS.  Younotice they aren’t running 32 VM’s with Windows Vista SP1 allocated at512MB RAM per VM.

I started to run the same test with Windows Server2008, Windows Server 2008 Core, Windows XP SP3 and SLED 10 SP2 but Isimply don’t have time.  In theory, you should be able to get about 28Windows Vista Enterprise SP1 VM’s running on my machine with 256MBallocations.  Maybe I’ll do it after TechEd 2008.  Just for grins.

Published Saturday, June 07, 2008 1:16 AM                        by                        Keith Combs

小黑迷们,相信小黑的品质,赶快加入黑社会吧,质量与品质,还是小黑好!

什么配置的笔记本可以用8G内存啊?
T61/T7300/1+1G/14.1(1400*1050)/NVS140M 128M/指纹/蓝牙/DVD刻录/6芯电池

又看到一个更牛的,T60p, 4GB RAM, Vista 32bit 配置的机器竟然运行了33个vista ,不是英语,不会翻译,大家自己看吧,转机张图

[ 本帖最后由 aokeer 于 2008-6-8 21:58 编辑 ]

感觉没有什么实际意义,不过从侧面验证了一下小黑的性能。

原帖由 lliux 于 2008-6-8 22:38 发表
感觉没有什么实际意义,不过从侧面验证了一下小黑的性能。

应该是win 2008操作系统的功能哦。和小黑没有什么关系。换相同硬件配置的台式机也行

小黑确实强,堪与台式机比高下啊

很一般的,只要支持虚拟技术+足够大的内存,向跑几个都成~
我曾经用P3 1G+1G内存跑2个XP,2个2000,系统是2000~跑是能起来,但是没法用,卡死~